Heritage Areas [electronic resource] : Background, Proposals, and Current Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 22 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides background on the Congressional designation of national heritage areas (NHAs) to commemorate, conserve, and promote important areas that include natural, scenic, historic, cultural, and recreational resources. Discusses NHA funding and management operations; summarizes arguments for and against heritage areas and the challenges of creating and maintaining NHAs; and describes the administrative actions of the National Park Service regarding NHAs. Reviews legislative activity.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10121842