Wild Horse and Burro Issues [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 13 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses controversial management of and legislation on wild horses and burros, including the Wild Free-Roaming Horses and Burros Act of 1971, which provides for protection, management, and control of wild free-roaming horses and burros on Federal lands. Reviews current issues regarding the priority given wild horses and burros in land use decisions, the removal of animals from the range, adoption and sales programs, animal slaughter, holding animals in facilities, fertility control use, and management costs.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10121908