Great Lakes Water Withdrawals [electronic resource] : Legal and Policy Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 26 pages : digital, PDF file
- Describes characteristics of the Great Lakes, the interests they support, and possible threats to lake levels. Analyzes Federal laws and policies that regulate the diversion, withdrawal, and consumptive use of water from the Great Lakes. Discusses final structure of the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence River Basin Water Resources Compact and the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence River Basin Sustainable Water Resources Agreement, including issues raised by various interest groups; and examines potential role of Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10121939