Pesticide Law [electronic resource] : A Summary of the Statutes
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 15 pages : digital, PDF file
- Summarizes major statutory authorities governing pesticide regulation, including the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), Section 408 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), as well as the major regulatory programs for pesticides. Defines key terms, provides brief history of Federal pesticide laws, and describes key provisions of the laws, including the pesticide registration process and how it interfaces with food safety requirements. Discusses issues concerning public disclosure, exclusive use, trade secrets, the use and export of unregistered pesticides, and the enforcement of FIFRA requirements, including inspection authority.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10122011