Animal Welfare Act [electronic resource] : Background and Selected Legislation
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 10 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides background on the Animal Welfare Act of 1966, enacted to prevent pets from being stolen and sold to research laboratories, and to improve the treatment and well-being of animals intended for research. Covers key provisions, oversight and enforcement, legislative history, related amendments in P.L. 110-246, (the 2007-2008 farm bill), and other selected bills in the 110th Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10122099