Carcieri v. Salazar [electronic resource] : The Secretary of the Interior May Not Acquire Trust Land for the Narragansett Indian Tribe Under 25 U.S.C. Section 465 Because That Statute Applies to Tribes "Under Federal Jurisdiction" in 1934
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines Carcieri v. Salazar, addressing authority of Secretary of the Interior to take into trust for the benefit of the Narragansett Indian Tribe a parcel of land outside of the current tribal reservation and, thus, generally free it of State civil and criminal jurisdiction. Covers Appellate Court rulings and Supreme Court ruling, and potential impact of final decision.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10122294