Closing the Guantanamo Detention Center [electronic resource] : Legal Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 42 pages : digital, PDF file
- Reviews major legal issues associated with executive and/or legislative action to close the Guantanamo Bay detention facility. Discusses legal issues related to transfer or release of Guantanamo detainees, continued detention of such persons in the U.S., and possible removal of persons brought to U.S. Considers selected constitutional issues tied to criminal prosecution of detainees, emphasizing procedural and substantive protections that are utilized in different adjudicatory forums, including Federal civilian courts, court-martial proceedings, and military commissions. Examines detainees right to speedy trial, prohibition against prosecution under ex post facto laws, and limitations upon admissibility of hearsay and secret evidence in criminal cases.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10122348