Statutory Offices of Inspectors General [electronic resource] : Methods of Appointment and Legislative Proposals
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages : digital, PDF file
- Addresses duties and functions of statutory Inspectors General (IGs); the numbers of each type of IG; the differences between IGs appointed by the President and those appointed by the agency head (DFE IGs); considerations for whether certain IGs should be appointed by the President as opposed to DFE IGs; and P.L. 110-409, the Inspector General Reform Act of 2008. Addresses proposed changes affecting offices of IGs, particularly those offered in H.R. 885/S. 1354, the Improved Financial and Commodity Markets Oversight and Accountability Act, H.R. 3126, the Consumer Financial Protection Agency Act of 2009; and H.R. 3962, the Affordable Health Care for America Act.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10122587