State Medicaid and SCHIP Coverage of Noncitizens [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 15 pages : digital, PDF file
- Reviews current Federal law barring Federal-funded State Medicaid and State children's health insurance program (SCHIP) coverage of legal permanent residents (LPRs) for the first five years after their entry to U.S. Explains provisions in H.R. 2/S. 275, the Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009, to give States option to expand coverage of these benefits to LPRs during the first five years they live in U.S. Analyzes State laws, many of which already provide LPRs with Medicaid and SCHIP, from State-funded sources. Summarizes legislation and debate in the 111th Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10122685