Labor Union Certification Procedures [electronic resource] : Use of Secret Ballots and Card Checks
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 32 pages : digital, PDF file
- Reviews proposals to revise labor union recognition procedures by requiring secret ballot elections for union certification and requiring NLRB to certify a union if a majority of employees sign authorization cards. Covers relevant provisions in the National Labor Relations Act regarding forming or joining a union, research findings regarding the impact of changes in union recognition procedures, and the question of whether there is an economic rationale for giving workers the right to organize and bargain collectively.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10123001