FDA Tobacco Regulation [electronic resource] : History of the 1996 Rule and Related Legislative Activity, 1998-2008
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 29 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides history and analysis of FDA 1996 tobacco regulation, including FDA arguments for asserting jurisdiction over tobacco products; and summarizes tobacco industry court challenge that overturned the rule. Reviews 1997 proposed national tobacco settlement, which would have codified FDA rule and given FDA authority to regulate tobacco products as medical devices; and discusses FDA provisions in the tobacco settlement legislation that was defeated in the 105th Congress. Summarizes legislative activity on the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act in the 107-110th Congresses.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10123092