Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) [electronic resource] : Implementation of the No Child Left Behind Act
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 39 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines implementation of the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLBA) of 2001 adequate yearly progress (AYP) requirements, which are primarily based on the aggregate scores of various student groups on State assessments of academic achievement. Covers outcome accountability and the AYP concept, AYP under the NCLBA statute, data on schools identified as failing to meet AYP, and issues in implementation of the NCLBA provisions, including confidence intervals and data averaging, population diversity effects, number of schools identified, the 95% participation rule, and State variations in assessments and proficiency standards.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10123129