Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) [electronic resource] : Background, Legislation, and Funding
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 15 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides background on the community oriented policing services (COPS) program, created under Title I of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 to provide grants to State, local, and tribal law enforcement agencies throughout the U.S. so they can hire and train law enforcement officers to participate in community policing. Reviews legislative proposals in the 111th Congress to reauthorize appropriations for the COPS program, and make the COPS Office an exclusive component of the Department of Justice.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10123168