United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child [electronic resource] : Background and Policy Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 20 pages : digital, PDF file
- Reviews background and structure of United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC); and examines evolving U.S. policy toward CRC, including past and current Administration positions and Congressional perspectives. Highlights issues for the 111th Congress, including possible impact of CRC on Federal and State laws, U.S. sovereignty, parental rights, and U.S. family planning and abortion policy. Addresses CRC effectiveness in protecting rights of children internationally and its potential use as an instrument of U.S. foreign policy.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10123779