Transition to Digital Television [electronic resource] : Is America Ready
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 32 pages : digital, PDF file
- Reviews issues relating to P.L. 109-171, the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005, which includes a provision directing that over-the-air television broadcasts be provided in digital only format beginning on Feb. 17, 2009. Discusses background on digital television (DTV); P.L. 111-4, the DTV Delay Act, to postpone digital transition; reasons for transition to DTV; who is likely to be most affected; impact of transition on cable and satellite households; the National Telecommunications and Information Administration digital-to-analog converter box program; reception of digital signals; status of DTV public education; and other key issues and legislative activity.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10123904