Sudan [electronic resource] : The Crisis in Darfur and Status of the North-South Peace Agreement
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 34 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses recent developments in Darfur region of Sudan related to security conditions, north-south developments, status of peace talks, International Criminal Court, UN peacekeeping efforts, executive branch sanctions, and humanitarian conditions; recent Chinese relations with Sudan; and recent developments in southern Sudan. Evaluates status of the Sudan Comprehensive Peace Agreement; and assesses impact of Darfur conflict on Chad and the Central African Republic. Provides background on developments in Darfur, accountability for atrocities, the Janjaweed militia, status of the Darfur Peace Agreement, the African Union intervention, and possible policy options; and reviews legislation in the 110th Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10123953