Peacekeeping/Stabilization and Conflict Transitions [electronic resource] : Background and Congressional Action on the Civilian Response/Reserve Corps and Other Civilian Stabilization and Reconstruction Capabilities
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 25 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines issues regarding the strengthening of civilian capabilities for peacekeeping and post-conflict operations in foreign countries. Covers evolving perceptions of post-conflict needs, proposals for new civilian forces, critic responses, initial Congressional and Bush Administration action, codification of civilian reconstruction and stabilization assistance and Department of State capabilities under P.L. 110-417, current status and activities of the Department of State Office of the Coordinator for Reconstruction and Stabilization, development of the Civilian Response Corps, and recent Congressional action and concerns.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10123995