Afghanistan and Pakistan Reconstruction Opportunity Zones (ROZs), H.R. 1318/H.R. 1886/H.R. 2410 and S. 496 [electronic resource] : Issues and Arguments
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 38 pages : digital, PDF file
- Explains H.R. 1318, the Afghanistan-Pakistan Security and Prosperity Enhancement Act, and S. 496, the Pakistan Reconstruction Opportunity Zones Act, both to establish a unilateral U.S. trade preference program for Afghanistan and parts of Pakistan, permitting certain goods produced in designated reconstruction opportunity zones to be imported into U.S. duty-free. Highlights major elements of H.R. 1318 as it was incorporated into H.R. 1886, the Pakistan Enduring Assistance and Cooperation Enhancement Act, and added to H.R. 2410, the Foreign Relations Authorization Act, FY2010-FY2011; and S. 496. Reviews potential issues and considers future outlook. Includes tables.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10124306