House Ad Hoc Select Committees with Legislative Authority [electronic resource] : An Analysis
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 58 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines creation and organization of four past House ad hoc select committees over the past 35 years that have been granted legislative authority. Analyzes similarities and differences in key components of select committees. Considers reasons why the House might choose to employ a select committee, covering their advantages, limitations, and potential effectiveness.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10124912