Post Office and Retail Postal Facility Closures [electronic resource] : Overview and Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 23 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides information on recent USPS closure announcement, reviews historical data on number of post offices and other retail postal facilities, and explains legal authorities relevant to retail postal facility closures. Reviews retail postal facility closure processes, including data on public appeals of closures, and proposed alterations to the processes in H.R. 658, to require USPS to employ the more lengthy post office closure process on all retail facility closures, and expand current statutory public notification requirements; and addresses issues and options for Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10125279