Statutory PAYGO Process for Budget Enforcement [electronic resource] : 1991-2002
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 44 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines statutory "pay-as-you-go" (PAYGO) process for enforcing budget policies with respect to the consideration of revenue and direct spending legislation, that was in effect from 1991-2002, in context of broader and evolving budget enforcement framework. Explains origin, extension, and termination of PAYGO process; reviews its regular operation and statutory interventions in that operation involving directed scorekeeping; and identifies major direct spending and revenue legislation subject to the PAYGO process. Outlines legislative proposals to restore the PAYGO process. Includes tables.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10125558