Regulating Ballast Water Discharges [electronic resource] : Legislative Issues in the 110th Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines regulation of ballast water discharges to prevent introduction of invasive species into U.S. waters, in light of criticism of current regulation under the Nonindigenous Aquatic Nuisance Prevention and Control Act of 1990. Reviews H.R. 2830, the Coast Guard Reauthorization Act, to establish a strengthened national ballast water management program administered by the Coast Guard. Describes alternative Clean Water Act approach, and requirements of EPA vessel general permit.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10125672