Drought in the United States [electronic resource] : Causes and Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 20 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines how drought is defined regionally, physical causes of drought, and its history in U.S. Discusses periods of drought in the past that equaled or exceeded drought conditions experienced during the 20th century, including periods during earlier centuries when the American West was substantially drier than it is today. Considers prospects for future climate in the West; and reviews policy challenges for Congress, including existing Federal/non-Federal split in drought response and management, and patchwork of drought programs subject to oversight by multiple Congressional committees.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10125825