Reauthorizing the Satellite Home Viewing Provisions in the Communications Act and the Copyright Act [electronic resource] : Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 22 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines reauthorization of satellite home viewing provisions in the Communications Act and the Copyright Act. Discusses policy issues in current reauthorization debate, reviews differences between current retransmission and copyright rules for satellite and cable, and addresses the providing of signals of non-local but in-State stations to orphan counties. Addresses proposals to require satellite operators to offer local-into-local service in all markets. Includes appendix providing list of "orphan counties."
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10126254