Guantanamo Detention Center [electronic resource] : Legislative Activity in the 111th Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 20 pages : digital, PDF file
- Describes enacted and proposed legislation in the 111th Congress addressing detention of alleged enemy combatants at the U.S. Naval Station in Guantanamo Bay. Analyzes relevant provisions of P.L. 111-32, the 2009 Supplemental Appropriations Act, which includes an ongoing reporting requirement and restricts use of funds for the transfer and release of detainees in specified circumstances. Summarizes relevant provisions of various legislative proposals introduced in the 111th Congress to address issues related to restrictions on detainee transfer or release, Congressional oversight, detainee treatment, and executive and judicial authority.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Sept. 2012). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10127842