Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) [electronic resource] : Proposed Employment Regulations
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 9 pages : digital, PDF file
- Explains definition of disability under P.L. 110-325, the ADA Amendments Act, which was enacted in response to Supreme Court rulings to narrow definition of disability. Examines regulations under the ADA Amendments Act that were proposed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, including specific examples of impairments that will consistently meet the definition of disability, changes in definition of the term "substantially limits," and expansion of definition of "major life activity," including changes to concept of the major life activity of working.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Sept. 2012). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10127940