Nonstrategic Nuclear Weapons [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 31 pages : digital, PDF file
- Explains distinction between strategic and nonstrategic, or tactical nuclear weapons. Reviews U.S. and Soviet nonstrategic nuclear weapons during and after the Cold War, and the 1991 Presidential Nuclear Initiatives. Examines issues for Congress, including the safety and security of Russian nonstrategic nuclear weapons; the role of nonstrategic nuclear weapons for Russia, U.S. and NATO; and the relationship between nonstrategic nuclear weapons and U.S. nonproliferation policy. Outlines policy options, including maintaining the status quo, reduction of reliance on nuclear weapons, and cooperative responses.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Sept. 2012). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10128812