Navy SSBN(X) Ballistic Missile Submarine Program [electronic resource] : Background and Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 33 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides background on ballistic missile submarines, and highlights Navy plans to develop next-generation nuclear-powered SSBN(X) ballistic missile submarine class, to replace its current force of 14 Ohio-class boats, which are also known as Trident submarines. Considers accuracy of Navy preliminary unit procurement cost estimate, program affordability and impact on other Navy shipbuilding programs, which shipyard or shipyards will build SSBN(X)s, impact of UK preferences for its SSBN on U.S. design options, and Congressional access to SSBN(X) analysis of alternatives. Reviews options for Congress and legislative activity for FY2011.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Sept. 2012). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10129191