Kaesong North-South Korean Industrial Complex [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 23 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides overview of role, purposes, and results of the Kaesong Industrial Complex, an industrial park located in North Korea just across the demilitarized zone from South Korea. Examines U.S. interests, policy issues, options, and legislation; and summarizes recent developments. Discusses whether the U.S. should support a project that provides revenue to the Kim Jong-Il regime and includes questionable labor practices, but is simultaneously enhancing cooperation between South and North Korea by lowering labor costs for Korean businesses and providing a possible beachhead for market reforms in North Korea.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Sept. 2012). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10129337