Navy Nuclear-Powered Surface Ships [electronic resource] : Background, Issues, and Options for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 33 pages : digital, PDF file
- Assesses whether the CG(X) cruiser or other future Navy surface ships should be nuclear-powered. Provides background on nuclear and conventional power for ships, U.S. Navy nuclear-powered ships, the CG(X) cruiser program, construction shipyards, and recent Navy studies for Congress. Examines potential issues for Congress, including cost, operational effectiveness, ship construction, ship maintenance and repair, crew training, port calls and forward homeporting, and environmental impact; and reviews options for Congress and related legislative activity.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Sept. 2012). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10129607