Iran Sanctions [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 62 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses legislative history, provisions, interpretations, and implementation of P.L. 107-24, the Iran Sanctions Act (ISA), which mandates U.S. penalties against foreign companies determined to have invested in Iran energy sector; and identifies enhancements to ISA under P.L. 111-195, the Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability, and Divestment Act. Examines ban on U.S. trade and investment with Iran, "targeted financial measures" of Treasury Department, terrorism list designation-related sanctions, proliferation-related sanctions, U.S. efforts to promote divestment, U.S. sanctions and other efforts intended to support Iran opposition, and blocked Iranian property and assets. Provides comparative analysis of relationship of U.S. to international and multilateral sanctions, and examines overall effect of U.S., UN, and other country sanctions.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Sept. 2012). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10129788