Amendments Between the Houses [electronic resource] : Procedural Options and Effects
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 34 pages : digital, PDF file
- Summarizes procedural options to reconcile differing versions of related bills in the House of Representatives and Senate, and discusses procedural effects of resolving differences through amendment exchange as an alternative to conference committee. Identifies legislative options at each stage of the amendment exchange process, for both the Senate and the House of Representatives, discussing for each chamber, key procedural differences between amendment exchange and conference committee. Provides answers to frequently asked questions. Describes one particularly complicated case of amendment exchange from the 110th Congress, to illustrate a variety of actions the chambers might take.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Sept. 2012). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10129801