Broadband Internet Access and the Digital Divide [electronic resource] : Federal Assistance Programs
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 26 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines issue of broadband Internet access and the "digital divide," a term used to describe the lack of access to and use of telecommunications technologies among low-income and other underserved communities. Considers Federal role in telecommunications development, including FCC and Rural Utilities Service programs. Summarizes legislation in the 110th and 111th Congresses regarding broadband deployment assistance, and examines related policy issues.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Sept. 2012). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10130746