The conditions of hospitality : ethics, politics, and aesthetics on the threshold of the possible / edited by Thomas Claviez
- New York : Fordham University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 213 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Claviez, Thomas
- Perspectives in continental philosophy
- Machine generated contents note: The Ethics of Hospitality -- Hospitality---Under Compassion and Violence / Anne Dufourmantelle -- Transcending Transcendence, or: Transcendifferances: Limping toward a Radical Concept of Hospitality / Thomas Claviez -- Toward a Mutual Hospitality / Luce Irigaray -- The Politics of Hospitality -- To Open: Hospitality and Alienation / Pheng Cheah -- Frictions of Hospitality and the Promise of Cosmopolitanism / Thomas Hylland Eriksen -- Proximity and Paradox: Law and Politics in the New Europe / Bonnie Honig -- Conditions for Hospitality or Defence of Identity? Writers in Need of Refuge---A Case of Denmark's "Muslim Relations" / Ulrik Pram Gad -- The Aesthetics of Hospitality -- Conviviality and Pilgrimage: Hospitality as Interruptive Practice / Mireille Rosello -- Hospitality and the Zombification of the Other / Nikos Papastergiadis -- The Art and Poetics of Translation as Hospitality / Paola Zaccaria.
- 9780823251476 (cloth : alk. paper)
0823251470 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780823251483 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0823251489 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Proceedings of a conference held in Sept. 2008 in Stavanger, Norway.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 185-213).
View MARC record | catkey: 10298404