Food fortification : the evidence, ethics, and politics of adding nutrients to food / by Mark Lawrence
- Lawrence, Mark (Mark Andrew)
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2013.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 257 pages ; 24 cm
- Pt. 1. The evidential, ethical, and political underpinnings of food fortification. Food fortification evidence and ethics -- Food fortification politics: the actors, activities, and agendas -- Investigating food fortification -- Pt. 2. The case studies. Case study 1: Universal salt iodisation -- Case study 2: Mandatory flour fortification with folic acid -- Case study 3: Mandatory milk fortification with vitamin D -- Pt. 3. Insights from the past and present, and a view to the future. Insights for food fortification and public health -- A view to the future.
- Food additives—Health aspects
- Food additives—Moral and ethical aspects
- Enriched foods
- Iodized salt—Therapeutic use
- Endemic goiter—Prevention
- Endemic goiter—Nutritional aspects
- Neural tube—Abnormalities—Nutritional aspects
- Folic acid in human nutrition
- Vitamin D deficiency—Prevention
- Food Additives—adverse effects
- Food, Fortified
- Nutritional Physiological Phenomena
- 0199691975 (pbk.)
View MARC record | catkey: 10298469