Advances in Unsaturated Geotechnics [electronic resource]: Proceedings of Sessions of Geo-Denver 2000, August 5-8, 2000, Denver, Colorado
- Shackelford, Charles D.
- Corporate Author:
- Geo-Denver 2000 Staff
- Reston : American Society of Civil Engineers June 2000
- Physical Description:
- ix, 606 p. ill 21.000 x 014.000 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Houston,Sandra L., Chang,Nien-Yin, and American Society of Civil Engineers Staff
- Geotechnical Special Publication Ser. No. 99
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation Contains 38 papers from the August 200 conference that advance the understanding of measuring, characterizing, and predicting the properties, behavior, and performance of unsaturated materials typically used in geotechnical engineering practice. The materials include coarse-grained soils, compacted soils, geotextiles, loess, residual soils, shales, spoil fill, and swelling and expansive soils. These unsaturated materials are characterized with respect to soil- water characteristic curves, hydraulic conductivity, shear strength, and stress-strain properties. Predictions of unsaturated soil properties and their behavior in specific applications are also addressed. Annotation copyrighted by Book News, Inc., Portland, OR
- 9780784405109 and 0784405107 (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Scholarly & Professional American Society of Civil Engineers
View MARC record | catkey: 10334958