Green Streets and Highways 2010 [electronic resource]: An interactive Conference on the State of the Art and How to Achieve Sustainable Outcomes
- Reston : American Society of Civil Engineers Nov. 2010
- Physical Description:
- 08.000 x 05.500 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation The world of highway and local street planning and design is no longer the focus of only traffic and civil engineers. This is due to complex multi-modal planning, regional environmental issues, context sensitive solutions, climate change, green rating systems, economic development, and other emerging and often changing issues. Green Streets and Highways is a major step forward and will be the foundation of many subsequent conferences and efforts for developing transportation systems that are truly sustainable. The papers presented at the 2010 Green Streets and Highways Conference in Denver, Colorado, from November 14 to 17, 2010 offer the State of the Art in the following topic areas: sustainable and integrated planning and design, green pavements and construction materials, watershed and environmental planning and design, and rating systems. They include research that is focused on specific areas as well as strategies for the integration and management of sustainable design approaches. This proceedings will be valuable to practitioners, industry professionals, regulators, educators, and researchers.
- 9780784411483 and 0784411484 (CD-ROM)
- Audience Notes:
- Scholarly & Professional American Society of Civil Engineers
View MARC record | catkey: 10335999