Cultural considerations : essays on readers, writers, and musicians in postwar America / Joan Shelley Rubin
- Rubin, Joan Shelley, 1947-
- Amherst : University of Massachusetts Press, 
- Physical Description:
- vii, 197 pages ; 24 cm
- Introduction: Cultural history in practice -- The genteel tradition at large -- The scholar and the world: academic humanists and general readers in postwar America -- Repossessing the Cozzens-MacDonald imbroglio: middlebrow authorship, critical authority, and autonomous readers in postwar America -- The composer as a reader: poetry, music, and the politics of a neglected genre -- Ideology and practice in the career of Robert Shaw -- Gunther Schuller: the musician as mediator -- Conclusion: The enduring reader.
- 9781625340146 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1625340141 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9781625340139 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1625340133 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10406678