A plea for art in the house / by W. J. Loftie. Suggestions for house decoration / by Rhoda and Agnes Garrett. Dress / by Margaret Oliphant. Music in the house / by John Hullah
- Loftie, W. J. (William John), 1839-1911
- New York : Garland Pub., 1978.
- Physical Description:
- 401 pages in various pagings : illustrations ; 19 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Garrett, Rhoda, 1841-1882, Oliphant, Mrs. (Margaret), 1828-1897, and Hullah, John, 1812-1884
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- The Aesthetic movement & the arts and crafts movement
- Reprint of the 1876 ed. of A plea for art in the house; of the 2d ed. (1877) of Suggestions for house decoration in painting, woodwork, and furniture; of the 1878 ed. of Dress, all published by Macmillan, London; and of the 1877 ed. of Music in the house, published by Porter & Coates, Philadelphia, which were all issued in series: Art at home series. and On spine: Art in the house.
View MARC record | catkey: 1066507