Field guide to terahertz sources, detectors, and optics [electronic resource] / Créidhe O'Sullivan, J. Anthony Murphy
- O'Sullivan, Créidhe M. M.
- Bellingham, Wash. (1000 20th St. Bellingham WA 98225-6705 USA) : SPIE, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (144 pages) : illustrations, digital file
- Additional Creators:
- Murphy, J. Anthony and Society of Photo-optical Instrumentation Engineers
- Restrictions on Access:
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- Introduction -- THz sources -- THz detectors -- THz optics -- THz applications -- Equation summary -- Bibliography -- Index.
- The region of the electromagnetic spectrum between microwaves and infrared radiation has come to be known as the "THz gap," mainly due to the lack of readily available laboratory sources and detectors. Potential applications, however, particularly in medicine, security, and communications, have led to increased activity by the mainstream physics and engineering community in recent years. The primary objective of this SPIE Field Guide is to provide the reader with a concise description of the quasi-optical techniques used to design THz systems, as well as the basic principles of operation of the most common THz components in use today.
- 9780819491688 (electronic)
- Related Titles:
- SPIE digital library
- "SPIE Digital Library."--Website.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print version.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 10728759