70th birthday album [electronic resource] / George Crumb
- Crumb, George
- Uniform Title:
- Works. Selections
- Additional Titles:
- Seventieth birthday album
- New Rochelle, N.Y. : Bridge Records, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Narucki, Susan, Alessi, Joseph, Crumb, George, Cesarczyk, Paul, Conlin, Thomas, Starobin, David, Crumb, Ann, Crumb, George, Warszawski Chór Chłopięcy, Filharmonia Narodowa (Warsaw, Poland). Chór, and Filharmonia Narodowa (Warsaw, Poland)
- Language Note:
- The 1st work sung in Latin; the 3rd work sung in English.
- Star-child : a parable for soprano, antiphonal children's voices, male speaking choir, bell ringers, and large orchestra (35:36) -- Mundus canis = A dog's world (9:41) -- Three early songs. Night (2:51) ; Let it be forgotten (3:16) ; Wind elegy (2:24).
- Related Titles:
Let it be forgotten
- ["00:35:36", "00:09:41", "00:08:32"]
- Description based on compact disc version record.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- In the 1st work: Susan Narucki, soprano ; Joseph Alessi, trombone solo ; George Crumb and Paul Cesarczyk, bell ringers ; Warsaw Boys' Choir ; Warsaw Philharmonic Choir ; Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra ; Thomas Conlin, conductor. In the 2nd work: David Starobin, guitar ; George Crumb, percussion. In the 3rd work: Ann Crumb, soprano ; George Crumb, piano.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded at the American Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, Oct. 1998 (2nd work); Master Sound Astoria, March 1999 (3rd work); Philharmonic Hall, Warsaw and the American Academy of Arts and Letters, July and Aug. 1999 (1st work).
View MARC record | catkey: 10729689