Unto the hills [electronic resource] : Black angels / George Crumb
- Crumb, George
- Hong Kong : Naxos Digital Services/Bridge Records, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Crumb, Ann, Barone, Marcantonio, 1962-, Jones, Susan M., Nelson, David, Miller, Kenneth, Kerrigan, William Paul, Freeman, James, Crumb, George, Orchestra 2001, and Miró String Quartet
- Language Note:
- Sung in English (1st work).
- Unto the hills : songs of sadness, yearning and innocence : a cycle of Appalachian songs for singer, percussion quartet and amplified piano. Poor wayfaring stranger ; All the pretty little horses : (an Appalachian lullaby) ; Ten thousand miles ; Appalachian epiphany : a psalm for sunset and dusk : (instrumental interlude) ; Ev'ry night when the sun goes in ; Black, black, black is the color ; The riddle ; Poor wayfaring stranger : (echo) (37:35) -- Black angels : thirteen images from the dark land. Departure ; Absence ; Return (20:16).
- Streaming audio.
The 1st work for soprano and orchestra; the 2nd work for string quartet with electronic amplification.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- In the 1st work : Ann Crumb, soprano ; Marcantonio Barone, piano ; Susan M. Jones, David Nelson, Kenneth Miller, WIlliam Paul Kerrigan, percussion ; Orchestra 2001 ; James Freeman, conductor. In the 2nd work : Miró Quartet (Daniel Ching, Sandy Yamamoto, violin ; John Largess, viola ; Joshua Gindele, violoncello).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded June 26-27, 2003 at Lang Concert Hall, Swarthmore College (1st work) and October 18-19 2002 at the Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, NY (2nd work).
View MARC record | catkey: 10729827