Briefing Regarding the Recent Disaster at Buffalo Creek, West Virginia [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Congress. House. Committee on Interior and Insular Affairs
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1972.
- Physical Description:
- 141 pages
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Congress. House. Committee on Interior and Insular Affairs. Subcommittee on Mines and Mining
- Briefing on the Feb. 26, 1972, Buffalo Creek disaster in which a dam used to filter coal mining residues from the Buffalo Mining Company collapsed causing widespread death, injury, and property damage, and to review efforts to prevent similar accidents involving mines.
Also considers H.R. 5689, the Mined Area Protection Act of 1971, to provide for cooperation between the Interior Department and the States in establishing regulations to prevent adverse environmental effects caused by mining.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Hearings Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest Congressional Hearings Digital Collection(last viewed Nov. 2009). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10760514