Markup of S.J. Res. 129, Calling upon the President To Seek a Mutual and Verifiable Ban on Weapons in Space and on Weapons Designed To Attack Objects in Space, and Other Pending Business [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Foreign Relations
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1983.
- Physical Description:
- 47 pages
- Contains transcript of Committee markup session on S.J. Res. 129, to request the President to negotiate with the Soviet Union for a mutual and verifiable ban on weapons in space, including a short-term moratorium on testing of anti-satellite weapons in space. Resolution was favorably reported.
Also discusses schedule for Committee markup session on S.J. Res. 2, to express the sense of Congress that the U.S. and Soviet Union engage in negotiations to begin a mutual and verifiable freeze on and subsequent reductions in nuclear weapons testing, production, and deployment.
Also considers the nomination of Jose S. Sorzano to be U.S. Deputy Representative, UN.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest Congressional Hearings Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest Congressional Hearings Digital Collection (last viewed Nov. 2009) Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10766647