Platelets [electronic resource] : receptors, adhesion, secretion. Part B / edited by Jacek Hawiger
- San Diego : Academic Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxvii, 525 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Hawiger, Jacek
- Methods in enzymology, v. 215
- This volume contains a comprehensive collection of methods for the isolation of platelet membranes, subcellular organelles, the cytoskeleton, and for the assay and purification of platelet receptors. Key Features * Platelets are cellular elements with the highest density of receptors per membrane surface area involved in binding of adhesive molecules, clotting, enzymes, and vasoactive amines * Platelets are essential for the arrest of bleeding and for formation of intravascular thrombi contributing to heart attacks, strokes, and disseminated intravascular coagulation, and are involved in immune complex disease * Platelets are useful for studying the processes of cell adhesion, neurotransmitter uptake, stimulus-response coupling, including signal transduction and secretion.
- 0121821161 (electronic bk.) and 9780121821166 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 10767447