Methods in systems biology [electronic resource] / edited by Daniel Jameson, Malkhey Verma, and Hans V. Westerhoff
- London : Academic, 2011.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (liv, 715 pages, 4 unnumbered pages of plates) : illustrations (some color)
- Additional Creators:
- Jameson, Daniel, Verma, Malkhey, and Westerhoff, Hans V.
- section 1. [untitled]. Systems biology left and right / Hans V. Westerhoff -- section 2. Machines for systems biology. Mass spectrometry in systems biology : an introduction / Warwick B. Dunn ; High-throughput quantification of posttranslational modifications in situ by CA-FILM / Hernán E. Grecco ... [et al.] ; Absorption spectroscopy / Sanjay M. Nilapwar ... [et al.] -- section 3. Nucleic acids and systems biology. A strand-specific library preparation protocol for RNA sequencing / Tatiana Borodina, James Adjaye, and Marc Sultan ; Quantitative real-time PCR-based analysis of gene expression / J. Jozefczuk and James Adjaye -- section 4. Protein production and quantification for systems biology. Quantification of proteins and their modifications using QconCAT technology / Kathleen M. Carroll, Francesco Lanucara, and Claire E. Eyers ; Mass spectrometric-based quantitative proteomics using SILAC / Francesco Lanucara and Claire E. Eyers ; Nucleic acid programmable protein array : a just-in-time multiplexed protein expression and purification platform / Ji Qiu and Joshua LaBaer ; Systems biology of recombinant protein production using Bacillus megaterium / Rebekka Biedendieck ... [et al.] ; Protein production in Saccharomyces cerevisiae for systems biology studies / Naglis Malys ... [et al.] -- section 5. Enzymatic assays in systems biology research. Towards a full quantitative description of yeast metabolism : a systematic approach for estimating the kinetic parameters of isoenzymes under In vivo like conditions / Hanan L. Messiha, Naglis Malys, and Kathleen M. Carroll ; Enzyme kinetics for systems biology : when, why and how / Malgorzata Adamczyk ... [et al.] -- section 6. Sample preparation in metabolic studies. The use of continuous culture in systems biology investigations / Catherine L. Winder and Karin Lanthaler ; Sample preparation related to the intracellular metabolome of yeast : methods for quenching, extraction, and metabolite quantitation / Warwick B. Dunn and Catherine L. Winder ; Plant metabolomics and its potential for systems biology research : background concepts, technology, and methodology / J. William Allwood ... [et al.] ; The study of mammalian metabolism through NMR-based metabolomics / Reza Salek, Kian-Kai Cheng, and Julian Griffin -- section 7. Mathematical modelling in systems biology. Building a kinetic model of trehalose biosynthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Kieran Smallbone ... [et al.] ; Sustainable model building : the role of standards and biological semantics / Falko Krause ... [et al.] ; From reaction networks to information flow : using modular response analysis to track information in signaling networks / Pascal Schulthess and Nils Blüthgen ; Whole-genome metabolic network reconstruction and constraint-based modeling / Charles R. Haggart ... [et al.] -- section 8. Understanding systems biology. Hands-on metabolism : analysis of complex biochemical networks using elementary flux modes / Sascha Schäuble, Stefan Schuster, and Christoph Kaleta ; How to obtain true and accurate rate-values / Sef J. Heijnen, and Peter J.T. Verheijen ; A practical guide to genome-scale metabolic models and their analysis / Filipe Santos, Joost Boele, and Bas Teusink ; Supply-demand analysis : a framework for exploring the regulatory design of metabolism / Jan-Hendrik S. Hofmeyr and Johann M. Rohwer ; Modular kinetic analysis / Klaas Krab ; Quantitative analysis of flux regulation through hierarchical regulation analysis / Karen van Eunen ... [et al.] ; Origins of stochastic intracellular processes and consequences for cell-to-cell variability and cellular survival strategies / A. Schwabe ... [et al.] -- section 9. Managing systems biology data, models and research. The SEEK : a platform for sharing data and models in systems biology / Katy Wolstencroft ... [et al.] ; Crossing the boundaries : delivering trans-disciplinary science in a disciplinary world / Elizabeth A. Elliot and Neil W. Hayes.
- Systems biology is a term used to describe a number of trends in bioscience research, and a movement which draws on those trends.This volume in the Methods in Enzymology series comprehensively covers the methods in Systems Biology. With an international board of authors, this volume is split into sections that cover subjects such as Machines for systems biology, Protein production and quantification for Systems Biology, and Enzymatic Assays in Systems Biology Research. This volume in the Methods in Enzymology series comprehensively covers the methods in Systems Biology. With an international board of authors, this volume is split into sections that cover subjects such as Machines for systems biology, Protein production and quantification for Systems Biology, and Enzymatic Assays in Systems Biology Research.
- 9780123851185 (electronic bk.)
0123851181 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 10767520