Partial differential equations and boundary value problems with Maple V [electronic resource] / George A. Articolo
- Articolo, George A.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Academic Press/Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xi, 719 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Articolo, George A.
- Preface -- Chapter 0: Basic Review -- Chapter 1: Ordinary Linear Differential Equations -- Chapter 2: Sturm-Liouville Eigenvalue Problems and Generalized Fourier Series -- Chapter 3: The Diffusion or Heat Partial Differential Equation -- Chapter 4: The Wave Partial Differential Equation -- Chapter 5: The Laplace Partial Differential Equation -- Chapter 6: The Diffusion Equation in Two Spatial Dimensions -- Chapter 7: The Wave Equation in Two Spatial Dimensions -- Chapter 8: Nonhomogeneous Partial Differential Equations -- Chapter 9: Infinite and Semi-infinite Spatial Domains -- Chapter 10: Laplace Transform Methods for Partial Differential Equations -- References -- Index.
- Partial Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems with Maple presents all of the material normally covered in a standard course on partial differential equations, while focusing on the natural union between this material and the powerful computational software, Maple. The Maple commands are so intuitive and easy to learn, students can learn what they need to know about the software in a matter of hours- an investment that provides substantial returns. Maple's animation capabilities allow students and practitioners to see real-time displays of the solutions of partial differential equations. Maple files can be found on the books website. Provides a quick overview of the software w/simple commands needed to get started Includes review material on linear algebra and Ordinary Differential equations, and their contribution in solving partial differential equations Incorporates an early introduction to Sturm-Liouville boundary problems and generalized eigenfunction expansions Numerous example problems and end of each chapter exercises.
- First ed. published as: Partial differential equations and boundary value problems with Maple V. c1998.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 709-710) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10767662