Volcanic reservoirs in petroleum exploration [electronic resource] / Zou Caineng [and others].
- Zou, Caineng, 1963-
- Amsterdam : Elsevier, 2013.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (ix, 193 pages) : color illustrations
- Front Cover; Volcanic Reservoirs in Petroleum Exploration; Copyright; Contents; Preface; Foreword; Chapter 1: Exploration History and Features of Volcanic Reservoirs; 1.1. Overseas Volcanic Reservoir Exploration; 1.1.1. Exploration History and Features; 220.127.116.11. Overseas Exploration for Volcanic Reservoirs and Division of Research Period; 18.104.22.168. Features of Overseas Research; 1.1.2. Typical Volcanic Reservoirs; 22.214.171.124. Scott Reef Oil and Gas Field, Australia; 126.96.36.199. Jatibarang Oil and Gas Field, Indonesia; 188.8.131.52. Kudu Gas Field, Namibia; 184.108.40.206. Muradkhanli Oil Field, Azerbaijan.
220.127.116.11. Yoshii-East Kashiwazaki Gas Field, Japan1.2. Volcanic Reservoir Exploration in China; 1.2.1. Exploration History; 18.104.22.168. Stage of Accidental Discoveries; 22.214.171.124. Stage of Local Exploration; 126.96.36.199. Stage of Overall Exploration; 188.8.131.52.1. Well Xushen1; 184.108.40.206.2. Well Changshen1; 1.2.2. Achievements and Features; 220.127.116.11. Achievements; 18.104.22.168. Exploration Features; 22.214.171.124. Future Development; Chapter 2: Formation and Distribution of Volcanic Rock; 2.1. Global Distribution of Volcanic Rocks; 2.1.1. Overview of Present Distribution of Volcanic Rocks in the World.
126.96.36.199. East Africa-Red Sea Continental Rift Zone188.8.131.52. West Pacific Intraoceanic Island Arc Zone; 184.108.40.206. Cordilleran Continental Margin Volcanic Arc Zone; 220.127.116.11. North Atlantic Midoceanic Ridge Zone; 2.1.2. Volcanic Rock Distribution in Geologic History; 2.2. Tectonic Setting for the Formation of Volcanic Rock; 2.2.1. Rift Zone; 2.2.2. Continental Margin Arc and Intraoceanic Island Arc; 2.2.3. Midoceanic Ridge Structural Belt; 2.2.4. Craton; 2.2.5. Oceanic Basin; 2.2.6. Tectonic Setting of Passive Continental Margin and Collision Zone; 2.2.7. Marginal Sea Basin.
2.3. Formation and Distribution of Volcanic Rock in Depositional Basins of China2.3.1. Paleozoic Volcanic Rock Basin Group; 18.104.22.168. Northern Xinjiang Basin Group; 22.214.171.124. Tarim Basin Group; 126.96.36.199. Chuanzang Basin Group; 2.3.2. Mesozoic and Cenozoic Volcanic Rock Basin Group; 188.8.131.52. Mesozoic Dongbei-Huabei Basin Group; 184.108.40.206. Cenozoic Bohai Bay Basin Group; Chapter 3: Characteristics of Volcanic Reservoirs; 3.1. Concepts of the Volcanic Reservoir; 3.1.1. Volcanic Eruption Mode, Type, and Environment; 220.127.116.11. Volcanic Eruption Mode; 18.104.22.168. Volcanic Eruption Type.
22.214.171.124.1. Central Eruption126.96.36.199.2. Fissured Eruption; 188.8.131.52.3. Complex Eruption (Fissured-Central Eruption); 184.108.40.206. Volcanic Eruption Environment; 220.127.116.11. Volcanic Eruption Cycle and Volcanic Sedimentary Structural Sequence; 18.104.22.168. Types of Volcanic Edifices; 3.1.2. Volcanic Petrography; 22.214.171.124. Types of Volcanic Rocks; 126.96.36.199. Characteristics and Types of Volcanic Facies; 188.8.131.52.1. Subvolcanic Rock Facies; 184.108.40.206.2. Volcanic Conduit Facies; 220.127.116.11.3. Explosive Facies; 18.104.22.168.4. Eruptive-Effusion Facies; 22.214.171.124.5. Extrusive Facies; 126.96.36.199.6. Volcanic Sedimentary Facies.
- As the world faces ever-increasing energy demands, we must look to new sources of oil and gas in addition to alternative energy sources. Volcanic reservoirs are one such new source and thus an important exploration area and a hot topic in petroleum exploration. There are issues unique to dealing with volcanic reservoirs, and scientists need to understand the differences between volcanic reservoirs and other major reservoir types to move forward with petroleum exploration and production in these basins. The first of its kind, Volcanic Reservoirs in Petroleum Exploration summarizes tod.
- 9780123977878 (electronic bk.)
0123977878 (electronic bk.)
9780123971630 (electronic bk.)
0123971632 (electronic bk.)
- 3.1.3. Volcanic Hydrocarbon Reservoir Geology.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10767793