Milk proteins [electronic resource] : from expression to food / edited by Abby Thompson, Mike Boland and Harjinder Singh
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Academic Press/Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 535 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates) : illustrations (some color)
- Additional Creators:
- Thompson, Abby, Boland, Mike, and Singh, Harjinder
- Food science and technology international series
- Ch 1-Milk-An Overview -- The Comparative Genomics of Tammar Wallaby and Cape Fur Seal Lactation: Models to Examine Function of Milk Proteins -- Ch 3-Significance, Origin and Function of Bovine Milk Proteins: The Biological Implications of Manipulation or Modification -- Ch 4-Post Translational Modifications of Caseins -- Ch 5-Casein Micelle Structure and Stability -- ">Ch 6-Structure and Stability of Whey Proteins -- Ch 7-High Pressure-induced Interactions Involving Whey Proteins -- Ch 8-The Whey Proteins in Milk: Thermal Denaturation, Physical Interactions and Functional Properties of Milk -- Ch 9-Effect of Drying on Milk Proteins -- Ch 10-Changes in Milk Proteins During Storage of Dry Powders -- Ch 11-Interactions and Functionality of Milk Proteins in Food Emulsions -- Ch 12-Milk Protein-Polysaccharide Interactions -- Ch 13-Interactions between Milk Proteins and Micronutrients -- Ch 14-Model Food Systems and Protein Functionality -- Ch 15-Sensory Aspects of Dairy Proteins -- Ch 16-Milk Protein Gels -- Ch 17-Nutritional and Functional Aspects of Dairy Proteins -- Ch 18-Milk Proteins: The Future.
- In recent years, there has been a great deal of progress in the understanding and management of milk proteins across the production chain. This book takes a uniquely comprehensive look at those developments and presents them in a one-source overview. By providing a brief overview of each topic area, and then describing the most important recent advances therein, the "field-to-table" approach of this book provides specialists with new and directly relevant information in their own areas, along with information from complementary research fields, allowing them to contextualize their work within the larger pictures. At the same time it provides generalists with a complete overview and offers insights into topics for more in-depth reading. Covering areas that are receiving attention from people of many fields -- genomics, functional foods -- and including the latest research and developments in milk-protein phenomenon and interactions, this book will be an ideal resource for professionals and students alike. *A fresh look at recent developments across the entire production chain -- from animal genetics to nutritional and nutrigenomic needs of the customer. Up-to-date information from internationally-recognised authors from both academic and commercial resources.
- 9780123740397 and 0123740398
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10767997