Geology and sedimentology of the Korean Peninsula [electronic resource] / Sung Kwun Chough
- Chough, Sung Kwun, 1946-
- Amsterdam ; Burlington : Elsevier Science, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 363 pages).
- ScienceDirect: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Tectonic setting - - Phanerozoic granites -- Okcheon Basin -- Taebaeksan Basin -- North China platform in Shandong Province -- Pyeongang supergroup -- Tectonic evolution -- Gyeongsang Arc system -- Other Cretaceous basins -- Tertiary basins -- East Sea -- Jeju Island -- Yellow Sea.
- The study of sedimentary basins can help the understanding in basic science of how the Earth's crust developed, as well as offering insights into the influence of environmental and climate change. Sedimentary basins are also of interest due to their importance in the exploration and recover of natural resources including oil & gas, water, and industrial minerals. Written by one of Korea's most respected earth scientists, this book analyzes sedimentary facies, basin evolution, and sequence stratigraphy in order to provide answers to depositional processes and environmental changes.
- 9780124055186 (electronic bk.)
0124055184 (electronic bk.)
9780124055124 (electronic bk.)
0124055125 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 10768035